Next week, I’m heading to Canada on a road trip with my friend from college, Donald, who is also a prolific traveler (this guy went on two cruises in the same month!).
This is my first time in Canada, but I already have a short list of things to do and see:
- Attend the Montreal Jazz Festival. We’ve already gotten our tickets to see Jordan Officer, and as Louisianans, we’ll be wholly prepared for this world renown jazz and blues experience.
- Try poutine. I had it in New York City a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but I’m ready for the real deal in Canada.
- Visit the CN Tower in Toronto, though neither of us are planning on scaling it.
- Check out the Canadian Parliament in Ottawa.
- Determine which side of Niagara is better — American or Canadian?
- Travel the St. Lawrence River and take a walking tour of Quebec City (I always try to maximize the amount of time I spend on the water).
If you’ve been to Canada before, please send me some suggestions! We’ll try to incorporate them as much as possible in our trip, and I’ll blog along the way.
À bientôt, mes amis!